Good for me
ECOC 2025 involves not only the Department of Culture of the City of Ljubljana or public cultural institutions but sets new paradigms for all fields – from environmentalism to education, healthcare, mobility, sustainable development, vulnerable groups, youth issues, questioning the role of tourism, placing us at the centre of the international landscape, etc.
We see ECOC 2025 as a thread connecting all areas of operation in Ljubljana.
What would Ljubljana gain from the ECOC 2025 title?
- Bigger selection of cultural products with new, innovative programmes and international events and exchanges.
- New connections between culture, the environment, healthcare, welfare, sports and education.
- Revitalization of existing cultural infrastructure and new cultural infrastructure projects.
- Increased potential of the creative and artistic communities and subsequently improved economic prospects of the cultural and creative industries.
- Creation of new jobs.
- Improved accessibility of cultural goods for all inhabitants of Ljubljana and the region.
- Improved conditions for international exchange and the network of residencies that allow the international community to work in Ljubljana and our own artists to work outside Slovenia.
- In competing for the title, Ljubljana is not alone; the ECOC 2025 candidacy is about connecting cultural producers and developing new audiences through greater mobility of both artists and visitors and thus clearing a path towards a new regional cultural identity.
- Further improvement of social cohesion and involvement of vulnerable groups through community projects.
- Affirmation of the international image of Ljubljana as a city of free thought, creativity, arts and solidarity.